MODULE 1: Fundamentals of Information Privacy
Unit 1: Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- This unit includes a brief discussion of the modern history of privacy, an introduction to types of information, an overview of information risk management and a summary of modern privacy principles.
Unit 2: Jurisdiction and Industries
- This unit introduces the major privacy models employed around the globe and provides an overview of privacy and data protection regulation by jurisdictions and industry sectors.
Unit 3: Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- This unit presents introductions to information security, including definitions, elements, standards and threats/vulnerabilities, as well as introductions to information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography and identity and access management (IAM).
Unit 4: Online Privacy: Using Personal Information on Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies
- This unit examines the web as a platform, as well as privacy considerations for sensitive online information, including policies and notices, access, security, authentication and data collection. Additional topics include children’s online privacy, email, searches, online marketing and advertising, social media, online assurance, cloud computing and mobile devices.
MODULE 2: Privacy in Technology
Unit 1: Understanding the Need for Privacy in the IT Environment
- This unit highlights the impact that regulatory activities, security threats, advances in technology and the increasing proliferation of social networks have on IT departments.
Unit 2: Core Privacy Concepts
- This unit reveals how privacy compliance becomes more attainable through developing information lifecycle plans, data identification and classification systems and data flow diagrams.
Unit 3: Regulations and Standards Impacting Privacy in IT
- This unit introduces privacy laws, regulations and standards that can help IT professionals design better privacy programmes and systems to handle personal information throughout the data lifecycle.
Unit 4: Privacy in Systems and Applications
- This unit develops an understanding of the risks inherent in the IT environment and how to address them.
Unit 5: Online Privacy Issues
- This unit presents information about online threats, threat prevention and the role of IT professionals in ensuring proper handling of user data.
Unit 6: De-identifying and Anonymizing Personally Identifiable Information
- This unit reveals the importance of personally identifiable information and methods for ensuring its protection.
Unit 7: Cloud Computing
- This unit evaluates privacy and security concerns associated with cloud services, and standards that exist to advise on their use.
What is included?
Course handouts & Study Guide
1 years membership of the IAPP
Tea & Coffee, snacks
- Additional Information
START DATE Apr 30, 2018 END DATE Jul 1, 2019 City London