2 Day Course Content
Module 1: Data Protection Laws
- Introduces key European data protection laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution toward a Harmonised European Legislative Framework.
Module 2: Personal Data
- Defines and differentiates between types of data-including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
Module 3: Controllers and Processors
- Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
Module 4: Processing Personal Data
- Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles, explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
Module 5: Information provision
- Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and Supervisory Authorities.
Module 6: Data Subjects Rights
- Describes data subjects' rights, application of rights and the obligations of both the controller and processor.
Module 7: Security or Processing
- Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for Ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
Module 8: Accountability
- Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
Module 9: International Data Transfers
- Outlines options and obligations for transferring data outside the European Economic Area, adequacy decisions, appropriate safeguards and derogations.
Module 10: Supervision and Enforcement
- Describes the role, powers and procedures or Supervisory Authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
Module 11: Compliance
- Discusses the applications of European data protection law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice, employers-including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, Internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
Exams & Certification
The Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) exam assesses knowledge of European privacy laws and regulations and understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to and from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions.
The IAPP offers two distinct testing modes—event-based paper-pencil testing and test center computer-based testing. Exam content is identical regardless of mode. Candidates may register for both paper-pencil testing and computer-based testing via the IAPP website. For computer-based testing, the candidate will be provided a website link from which they can schedule their exam with one of our partner testing centers. Once your computer-based exam is scheduled, you will receive an exam reservation confirmation email that includes exam day details, including location, time and any building security procedures and a personal exam activation code. Keep this reservation confirmation email; you will need to present it at the testing center. Your exam cannot be activated without this code.
We, at Market Street are an Approved Mobile Test Centre, so we can host your exam immediately after completion of your course, if required. Please simply advise if you wish to do so.
For those candidates who wish to undertake an additional period of study after completion of the course, the IAPP offer a simple methodology to book and schedule the associated exam. Simply follow guidance provided at https://iapp.org/certify/certification-process/
NOTE: If you require special accommodations because of a qualifying disability, you must submit an Exam Accommodations Request, complete with documentation, at least 30 days in advance of the date you wish to test. Please do not schedule a test centre exam session until your request has been approved by the IAPP.
What is included?
1 years membership of the IAPP
Course handouts & Study Guide
- Additional Information
START DATE Aug 15, 2018 END DATE Aug 16, 2019 City Manchester