2 Day Course Content
Module 1: Introduction to privacy program management
- Identifies privacy program management responsibilities, and describes the role of accountability in privacy program management.
Module 2: Privacy governance
- Examines considerations for developing and implementing a privacy program, including the position of the privacy function within the organization, role of the DPO, program scope and charter, privacy strategy, support and ongoing involvement of key functions and privacy frameworks.
Module 3: Applicable laws and regulations
- Discusses the regulatory environment, common elements across jurisdictions and strategies for aligning compliance with organizational strategy.
Module 4: Data assessments
- Relates practical processes for creating and using data inventories/maps, gap analyses, privacy assessments, privacy impact assessments/data protection impact assessments and vendor assessments.
Module 5: Policies
- Describes common types of privacy-related policies, outlines components and offers strategies for implementation.
Module 6: Data subject rights
- Discusses operational considerations for communicating and ensuring data subject rights, including privacy notice, choice and consent, access and rectification, data portability, and erasure and the right to be forgotten.
Module 7: Training and awareness
- Outlines strategies for developing and implementing privacy training and awareness programs.
Module 8: Protecting personal information
- Examines a holistic approach to protecting personal information through privacy by design.
Module 9: Data breach incident plans
- Provides guidance on planning for and responding to a data security incident or breach.
Module 10: Measuring, monitoring and auditing program performance
- Relates common practices for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and auditing privacy program performance
The IAPP delivers the exam through computer-based testing. Candidates may register for testing via the IAPP website. Once registered, the candidate will be provided a website link from which they can schedule their exam with one of our partner testing centers. You are allowed two and a half hours (150 minutes) to complete the CIPM exam with 90 items. Once your exam is scheduled, you will receive an exam reservation confirmation email that includes exam day details, including location, time and any building security procedures and a personal exam activation code. Keep this reservation confirmation email; you will need to present it at the testing center. Your exam cannot be activated without this code.
Simply follow guidance provided at https://iapp.org/certify/certification-process/
What is included?
1 years membership of the IAPP
Course handouts & Study Guide
- Additional Information
START DATE Apr 30, 2018 END DATE Aug 3, 2020 City Dublin