- Confirms your knowledge and experience
- Quantifies and markets your expertise
- Demonstrates that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise
- Is globally recognized as the mark of excellence for the Information Privacy Audit professional
- Increases your value to your organization
- Gives you a competitive advantage over peers when seeking a new role
- Is administered by the International Data Protection Association (IDPA), based in Switzerland, and fully aligned to the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard (Conformity assessment - General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons)
CIPA Certified Individuals:
- Are highly qualified, experienced professionals in the field of Data Protection Systems Audit
- Provide the enterprise with a Certification route for Information Privacy Assurance that is recognized by multinational clients, lending credibility to the enterprise
- Are excellent indicators of proficiency in control requirements creation and monitoring
- Demonstrate competence in five domains, including standards and practices; organization and management; processes; integrity, confidentiality and availability; and software development, acquisition and maintenance
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing the enterprise with trust in and value from your Privacy Compliance Framework
- Maintain ongoing professional development for successful on -the -job performance
How to become CIPA Certified
The CIPA designation is awarded to individuals with an interest in Privacy Compliance Framework auditing, control and security who meet the following requirements:
- Attendance at a recognised CIPA training course
We offer the CIPA course at facilities across the EMEA region. Courses are offered year round.
- Achieving a passing score in the CIPA examination
All delegates attending an official training course will be offered the opportunity to sit the associated examination. To pass the examination, a passing score of 70% must be obtained by answering a combination of scenario based multiple choice questions. There are 5 scenarios with 120 multiple choice questions covering the scope of the exam. Questions cover the 4 key areas of the training course, namely People, Process, Technology and Environment. Successful examination candidates will be issued with a Certificate confirming a passing grade along with the relevant CPD certificate. For a more detailed description of the exam see CIPA Certification Job Practice.
- Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
Members of the IDPA and/or holders of the CIPA designation agree to a Code of Professional Ethics to guide professional and personal conduct.
- Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education(CPE) Program
The objectives of the Continuing Professional Education program are to maintain an individual's competency by requiring continual updating of knowledge and skills in the areas of information governance, privacy, technical controls and Audit, as well as to Provide a mechanism for monitoring information systems audit, control and security professionals' maintenance of their competency.
CIPA Certification Job Practice
A job practice serves as the basis for the exam and the requirements to earn the Certification. The job practice consists of task and knowledge statements representing the work performed in information privacy auditing, assurance and evidence assessment. These statements and domains are the result of extensive research, feedback, and validation from subject matter experts from around the globe.
The below job practice is organized by domains. Each domain is covered in the exam at the rate shown.
Domain 1—The Process of Auditing Information Privacy Systems and Solutions
Provide audit services in accordance with IS audit standards to assist the organization in protecting and controlling information privacy systems. (21%)
Domain 2 - Governance and Management of Information Privacy Technology
Provide assurance that the necessary leadership and organizational structures and processes are in place to achieve objectives and to support the organization's strategy. (16%)
Domain 3—Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
Provide assurance that the practices for the acquisition, development, testing and implementation of information systems meet the organization’s strategies and objectives. (18%)
Domain 4—Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Service Management
Provide assurance that the processes for information systems operations, maintenance and service management meet the organization’s strategies and objectives. (20%)
Domain 5—Protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Assets
Provide assurance that the organization’s policies, standards, procedures and controls ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of PII. (25%)
Exams Pass Guarantee
The IDPA delivers this exam through computer-based testing. All testing is taken at a Pearsonvue Test Centre. We assist our delegates in accessing, scheduling and completing this exam at a time and date that suits their diaries. Overall, we have a first time pass rate of 93% for all students, the highest amongst all of the Training Partners. Don't pass first time? Relax in the knowledge that you can attend additional free training until you do. This is our guarantee to you.
- Additional Information
START DATE May 2, 2018 END DATE Aug 31, 2022 City Live Online