Demonstrate your Information Privacy implementation expertise. The unique implementation-focused CIPI certification promotes international privacy and security best practice and recognizes the individual who both implement and are responsible for an enterprise's information privacy framework.
The combined 5 day course delivers all components of the Foundation & Practitioner course, whilst achieving costs savings over individual sessions.
The CIPI Foundation & Practitioner Courses provide delegates with the knowledge required to design and implement an organisations Privacy Compliance Framework.
The combined training;
- Confirms your design and implementation knowledge through independent assessment
- Certification means higher earning potential and career advancement.
- Recent independent studies consistently rank Privacy and Security Certified individuals as attracting higher pay and benefits
- Demonstrates your understanding of the relationship between an information privacy programme and broader business goals and objectives
- Distinguishes you as having not only information privacy knowledge, but also the expertise required to implement solutions as part of a team.
- Puts you in an elite peer network
- Is considered essential in defining you as a Data Protection advocate.
CIPI Certified Individuals:
- Identify and implement solutions to business critical issues and customize company-specific practices to support the governance of information privacy processes and related technologies
- Reduce the Regulatory Risk profile of the enterprise in which they are employed
- Provide a comprehensive view of information privacy management and its relationship to business risk
- Demonstrate to enterprise customers their commitment to privacy, compliance and security; contributing to the attraction and retention of customers through the adoption of compliant solutions across multiple vectors
- Bridge the gap between the organization's information privacy programme and its broader goals and objectives
- Provide the enterprise with a certification for Information Privacy Implementation that is recognized by clients and enterprises, lending credibility to the enterprise.
How to become CIPI Certified
The CIPI designation is awarded to individuals with an interest in Privacy Compliance Framework design, management, control and monitoring who meet the following requirements:
Attendance at a recognised ClPl training course
The CIPI course is offered through a network of Approved Training Providers at facilities across the EMEA region. Courses are offered year round.
Achieving a passing score in the CIPI examination(s)
All delegates attending an official training course will be offered the opportunity to sit the associated examination. This examination is delivered via Computer based testing at any one of the Pearson Vue Test Centres, found globally.
To pass the Foundation examination, a passing score of 70% must be obtained by answering 40 multiple choice questions covering the scope of the exam syllabus. To pass the Practitioner examination, a passing score of 70% must be obtained by answering 125 multiple choice questions covering the scope of the exam syllabus.
Candidates must pass the Foundation exam before being permitted to continue on the course. The Foundation exam is facilitated remotely to achieve this.
Exam questions cover the 4 key areas of the exam syllabus, namely People, Process, Technology and Environment. Successful examination candidates will be issued with a Certificate confirming a passing grade along with the relevant CPD certificate. For a more detailed description of the exam see the CIPI Certification Job Practice below.
Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
Members of the International Data Protection Association (IDPA) and/or holders of the CIPI designation agree to a Code of Professional Ethics to steer professional and personal conduct.
Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program
The objectives of the Continuing Professional Education program are to maintain an individual's competency by requiring continual updating of knowledge and skills in the areas of information governance, privacy, technical controls and security, as well as to Provide a mechanism for monitoring information systems audit, control and security professionals' maintenance of their competency.
CIPI Certification Job Practice
The current CIPI exams cover 4 information privacy management areas, each of which is further defined and detailed through Task & Required Knowledge Attainment areas.
Following is a brief description of these areas, their definitions and approximate percentage of test questions allocated to each area. These areas and statements represent a job practice analysis of the work performed by Information Privacy Implementation experts and Information Security Managers as validated by prominent industry leaders, subject matter experts and industry practitioners.
Domain 1—Information Privacy Governance
Establish and/or maintain an information privacy governance framework and supporting processes to ensure that the information privacy strategy is aligned with organizational goals and objectives. (24%)
Domain 2—Information Risk Management
Manage information risk to an acceptable level based on risk appetite in order to meet organizational goals and objectives. (30%)
Domain 3—Information Privacy Programme Development and Management
Develop and maintain an information privacy programme that identifies, manages and protects the organization’s assets while aligning to information privacy strategy and business goals, thereby supporting an effective privacy posture. (27%)
Domain 4—Information Privacy Incident Management
Plan, establish and manage the capability to detect, investigate, respond to and recover from information privacy incidents to minimize business impact. (19%)
Exams Pass Guarantee
The IAPP delivers this exam through computer-based testing. All testing is taken at a Pearsonvue Test Centre. We assist our delegates in accessing, scheduling and completing this exam at a time and date that suits their diaries. Overall, we have a first time pass rate of 93% for all students, the highest amongst all of the Training Partners. Don't pass first time? Relax in the knowledge that you can attend additional free training until you do. This is our guarantee to you.
What is included?
1 years membership of the IDPA, including all available research materials
Course handouts, Slide decks & Official Study materials
- Additional Information
START DATE Apr 30, 2018 END DATE Aug 10, 2020 City Live Online